As part of the extensive drainage and basement stairwell work, we had to remove a set of concrete steps going to a side door. Since we’ve got two other ways in/out of the house, we were in no huge hurry to get that set of stairs replaced.
However, when we found out our flooring wasn’t going to be in on time and knew our contractor was concerned about having an unplanned (and thus unpaid) free day, we asked him to build us some stairs and do a few other small jobs around the house.
The stairs turned out well. He was also able to use some more of the leftover siding to cover up the unsightly liner helping to keep water out of our basement.
That’s a couple more things off the list done!