It’s been years since we started down this path and we haven’t yet achieved our primary goal of location independent income and travel. In some ways, it seems like more of an uphill battle now more than ever. We keep having to remind ourselves that while we haven’t yet achieved our goal yet, we have come a long way and have main strides towards making it happen.
What we have accomplished so far:
- Mom is no longer employed full time out of the home.
- Kiddo is happily homeschooled.
- We have acquired a home at a low cost that could be used as a long-term base, with low overall cost of ownership.
What we have not yet accomplished:
- Dad is still employed full time out of the home.
- We have not started traveling widely due to Dad’s job and finance constraints.
We seem to have stalled. Time to regroup yet again, take a look at what’s working and what isn’t and keep moving forward.